Catholic Life and Mission are at the heart of everything we do at St. Mary’s. We are asked to Listen and Love.
Inspired by the mission of Christ we seek to form young people in Catholic discipleship so they fulfil their potential as learners and make positive contributions to our world.
At St Mary’s our pupils learn how to use their knowledge, skills and values to make a difference in the world. Our global perspective is just as important as our local one. By looking at communities beyond our own, we ensure that Catholic Social teaching is real and relevant through our ‘Faith and Learning in Action’ initiative where the children are able to participate in a number of initiatives linked with their learning modules and wider school events:
- Project Compassion (Caritas)
- Winter Appeal (St Vincent de Paul)
- Socktober (Catholic Mission)
- Relationship building with the residents of Aged Care facility Uniting Care, Wesley Heights, Manly
- Fundraising for groups in poor communities e.g. See Beyond Borders (Cambodia), Candela (Peru)